MassRID recognizes the minority status of Deaf people and the long history of linguistic and cultural oppression they have endured. We therefore publicly proclaim our respect and support for Deaf people’s right to self determination and true communication access. (CIT, 1992).
What Does MassRID Do?
- Provides donations to organizations/workshops/conferences
- Provides an annual scholarship fund eligibility for Interpreters who are members
- Maintains partnerships with MSAD, MCDHH, DBCC, Deaf Inc, MIG
- Coordinates free workshops for members
- Sponsors workshops so members can attend at a discount
- Sponsors events in the Deaf/Deafblind Community
- Fundraises to give back to our Communities
How Does a MassRID Membership Benefit You?
- Network with colleagues and members of the Community
- Platform to share your ideas and opinions about state-wide decisions that will affect your profession
- Voting privileges in MassRID and National RID Conferences
- Opportunities to be involved allow for professional/leadership growth
- Three free CEU providing MassRID fully sponsored workshops a year
- Attend workshops at a discount